Sunday, April 17, 2011

Busy week

We have been informed that we are not keeping up on our blog!  Well!  That is because we have been distracted by our beautiful baby boy Keegan Gary Johnson!!
This is Sarah's attempt to figure out just what to type.  I am not the storyteller that my brother in law Ryan is, but I will do my best.

So Tuesday night:  They pulled baby Keegan out of my belly, and he made one squawk and that was that.  I was  lying there, while they went straight to work sewing me up, and Geoff went over to the bassinet that they were checking baby out on.  I heard Geoff tell me we had a boy.  And I couldn't stop smiling.  I just laid there smiling, thinking, we have a boy.  A boy!  And in my mind, I thought: "Keegan. I think his name is Keegan."  But of course, I was still not completely coherent and I needed to wait to talk to Geoff about that!  Eventually (I don't know how long it took), I made it to the recovery room to rejoin Geoff and our little boy.  He brought him over to me to see, because I hadn't seen him yet.  He was beautiful.  He also made his first big messy diaper, so the nurse and Geoff got him all cleaned up.  While they were checking me over, I asked Geoff what he thought of Keegan. I vaguely recall saying something like "How do you feel about Keegan?" and that we didn't actually have to name him yet, but to think about it. He said he liked it, but we started to sort of think thru the other names we had listed... We got up to our room and were holding him, staring at his beautiful face and looked at each other and said, "His name is Keegan"... so there you have it.  The rest of the night and most of the next day are a bit of a blur... What with us having been up since 12:30 Monday morning!!!







For the rest of the week, we were super blessed with lots of friends and family coming to visit and to bring special gifts for Keegan.  I can hardly remember who came when.  We are so thankful to everyone who came to see us, it was wonderful.  Pictures to follow soon :)

Grandma for the first time!!!















"eyes, ears, mouth"

Great Uncle Kevin reading scripture





This is a link to a video slide show put together by First Day Photo (the hospital photographers) 



http://www.firstdayphotogalleries.com/slideshows/FSH041311bKeegan/

We will try to fill you in on our first weekend at home soon...
Here is a little preview:




2 comments:

  1. He is just too cute!!!! And he's letting mom and dad sleep -- a little bit! Love you all!! Aunt Mikki and Unkie Will

    ReplyDelete